With the demand for more housing at a record high in San Francisco, new wealthy neighborhoods such as Mission Bay are emerging in what was once barren land and railroad yards. Mission Bay is a 303 acre piece of land that is nestled along the San Francisco Bay. This hot area (both figuratively and literally - one of the warmer microclimates in the city) is quickly growing into a vibrant neighborhood with plenty of things to offer.
Here are the top 6 reasons why you should live here:
1. Plenty of outdoor acitivities. New grass-filled parks, walking, running & cycling trails, kayaking, and sailing are all easily accessible.
2. Food. There will also be plenty of dining, cafes, shopping, groceries and boutiques within easy walking distance. One exciting new place to grab a bite will be a 10,000 square foot, upscale food emporium called The Market Hall. This foodie haven is slated to be built on the ground floor of the Channel Mission Bay residential luxury apartment complex, providing fresh seafood, poultry, meat, locally sourced produce, cheese, charcuterie, retail beer and wine along with prepared foods and a rotisserie. There will also be a 60-seat restaurant, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The concept is very similar to Dean & Deluca and Eataly.
3. Easy access to transportation. Transportation such as MUNI, BART, CalTrain and major freeways are very closeby - not too mention a Mission Bay shuttle that will take residents from their front door to these other areas. The Central Subway Project will allow commuters to travel from Chinatown to Mission Bay and everywhere in between via a modern, efficient light-rail and is slated to open to the public in 2019.
4. New Sports Arena. The Golden State Warriors new stadium will be a multi-purpose arena and event space with approximately 18,000 seats and this NBA team is targeting the 2018-19 season for opening its new arena.
5. New Medical Center. UCSF Medical Center Mission Bay is almost complete (on track to open on February 1, 2015) and will offer a state-of-the-art 289-bed children's, women's and cancer hospital. UCSF Medical Center consistently ranks as one of the top premier hospitals in the country.
6. New Luxury Residential Developments. Mission Bay homes are being built and sold at record pace. One luxe dwelling currently under construction is Arden located along Mission Creek and developed by Bosa which offer 267 spacious 2 and 3 bedroom condos, some with private roof decks or outdoor terraces that have really nice water, Bay Bridge & downtown city skyline views along with private onsite storage, parking and a plethora of amenities. In about 3 months since the sales office first opened, they went into contract on all but 1 of their units (as of October 1, 2014). What's even more remarkable is that this development will not be completed until the end of 2015!
The rules of supply and demand are definitely in effect in Mission Bay, one of the hottest, newest & most desirable neighborhoods in a city that currently has very little inventory!